Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy(?) New Year..!?!

I woke up - parched throat, dizzy head, swollen eyes, blocked nose (help me god..!), a stitch in the thigh, and another just below the chest..I lay still for a while, not daring to disturb them..

I looked around to examine..my room..Its in perfect disarray (as always..),stuffed with crazy assortment of endless paraphernalia..I like my room this way..in an ordered chaos..!;-)

The sun has sauntered into my room,through the windows, not bothering to wait for me to greet him..music still playing from the borrowed speakers in my room..Enrique's lilting voice,
''All I need is a rhythm divi..

POWER CUT..!!

I dont remember when I'd fallen asleep..but it was early..yes, 2am on a new years night is early..!!!

Cant help dearies, that's the tragedy of being sober on a new yrs eve..your endogenous adrenaline is just no match to Smirnoff, bacardi, jack daniels, or the royal stag..;);-)

I got up from my bed, with a raunchy yawn, a lazy stretch punctuated by winces n gasps of pain as the stitches freed..

I examined myself in the mirror..yep, that's my latest obsession!¡!;-)

The first thing I do in the morning is look at myself..not cuz I care for ma looks, but I believe ( or hope??) that I'm lucky for myself..

Jeez..I'm a total mess..puffed up eyes, a red blotch for the nose, a weeks worth of stubble, & hair ( atleast what's remaining of them..!) sticking up at all angles..

I gathered my towel, bucket & all the stuff n ambled across to the bathroom only to be welcomed by a hoard of people, all shouting n screaming at the top of their voices..for one wild moment i'd assumed the new yr celebrations are still on..!!
Nope, the bathrooms at the other end of the corridor have blocked, and this one is being made to work overtime..!! Poor guy..;)

Not wanting to be a part of this spectacle, I instead chose to gulp down something to satiate my ever- hungry belly..I trudged down, 2stairs of flight to our darling ''MESS''..!

Gosh..! Those stodgy, rubbery, bland, impenetrable chunks of a boulderous excuse for a 'set dosa'..!!!
Yuckkkkkkkk..!
No no NO..not today..!!

I lumbered back to my room, not in mood to risk tasting them today..an endless torrent of choicest swear words flowing effortlessly from my lips, cursing anything n everything that comes in my way..the powercuts, the blocked bathrooms, the food, the irksome itching of my cheek, my squeaking slippers & the goddamn keyhole..why does it have to be so minute????

I struggled with my door for a while, before it took pity on me n let me in..

I staggered in, crashed on my bed, mumbling to myself,


''HAPPY NEW YEAR..!''

No comments:

Post a Comment